Categorized listing of TOP 50 Chrome extensions
Pushbullet brings Android Smartphone to your desktop to your Chrome screen.With Pushbullet, it’s possible for you to manage a lot of sections of your Android phone, such as messages, songs, photos, links etc. There is a lot of things you can do using Pushbullet such as chatting with your friends, sending links or files to your devices, from the desktop screen and have notifications through chrome notification system as soon as they arrive in devices. The chrome extension is lightweight enough and you have to install the Pushbullet app in your Android Smartphone.
Some of the notable features include :
- Conveniently send and receive SMS messages from your computer (requires Android)
- Reply to messages from many popular apps including WhatsApp, Kik, and Facebook Messenger (requires Android)
- Easily share links and files between your devices, or with friends
- See all of your phone’s notifications on your computer, including phone calls (requires Android)
- Dismiss a notification on your computer and it goes away on your phone too
- Use Pushbullet Channels to subscribe to timely notifications about things you care about
- Text from your computer using your keyboard instead of grabbing your phone
- The easiest way to get a link or file onto your phone to open or share
- Deal with notifications on your computer as they arrive
Awesome Screenshot lets you take screenshots, edit them by adding effects such as blur and adding annotations etc. Along with these, you have the option to upload these screenshots into image sharing platforms so that you can share them easily. Recently, they have added support for working with Google Drive as well.
Chrome Remote Desktop allows users to remotely access another computer through Chrome browser or a Chromebook. Computers can be made available on short-term basis for scenarios such as ad hoc remote support, or on a more long-term basis for remote access to your applications and files. All connections are fully secured.
Chrome Remote Desktop is fully cross-platform. Provide remote assistance to Windows, Mac and Linux users, or access your Windows (XP and above) and Mac (OS X 10.6 and above) desktops at any time, all from the Chrome browser on virtually any device, including Chromebooks.
You can also install the Remote Desktop application in your Android Smartphone and the extension in Chrome. Once you have completed the installation, you can start controlling your computer using Smartphone screen.
StayFocused, lets you stay focused when you’re working! Self-restriction is often the best way to be more productive and StayFocused lets you be so by restricting time you spend on addictive sites such as Facebook and others. This highly-configurable Chrome extension can be used to set limits on time you spend. You have option to set individual site-based limits too. For instance, if you have accessed a particular site for the maximum time, the site will not accessible thereafter so you should be careful when you get addicted.
Some of the notable features include:
- A self-motivated and interesting method to help you beat Internet addiction
- Cultivate your personal pattern of time management: make good use of 30-minutes to fully concentrate on your work and finish it effectively
- Share your trees with friends
If you want to download huge number of images, I’m a Gentleman is a must-have Chrome extension. Once you have installed I’m a Gentleman in your Chrome, you can set up a short key for downloading images. To do that, you have to Hold ‘Alt’ button and Click on the image. In seconds, the image will be downloaded to your PC.
AutoPagerize lets you paginate job quite easily. There aren’t many options to customize, but you can switch off the feature when you don’t need them. You can see an icon right to the URL when extension is active on a particular web page.
Hover Zoom, shows the full image when you hover on smaller version of one image. Hover Zoom will be quite useful when you are browsing image galleries. Also, there is an option to resize the images if they do not fit the window. In addition, Hover Zoom offers support for video files, the feature to disable zooming in certain websites, trigger-based zooming etc.
Turn Off the Lights is a lightweight and useful add-in designed for a more comfortable watching experience. It works for all known video sites such as YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Hulu, Metacafe, YouKu, etc. Not only this but these extensions are compatible with Google Chrome, Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Microsoft Edge, Maxthon and Yandex web browsers.
Momentum helps you create an innovative new tab pages. The Momentum New Tab page is quite useful, as it includes a lot of stuff, such as the tasks you have to do, weather in your particular area, superb background images, a quote that will be powerful enough to motivate you, ability to set a goal for a day. You have the ability to customize things as much as you want. In short, Momentum does the job.
Some of the items you can add in the new tab page includes :
- To do list
- Set a daily goal/focus/intention
- New inspirational photo and quote each day
- Subtle custom links and search
- Return to default Chrome Tab from Links
- Customize the dashboard by showing/hiding widgets
- Feel good and get things done!
There are a bunch of extensions out there to help manage browser tab overload, but Tab Wrangler is one of our favorites. You get the option to automatically close inactive tabs, an easy way to get closed tabs back again, and the ability to sync settings across computers. Automatically closes inactive tabs and makes it easy to get them back
- Automatically closes idle tabs after designated time
- Saves closed tabs, easy to re-open
- Chrome sync saves settings between computers
- Doesn’t close pinned tabs
- Lock tabs from closing
Use one browser with multiple active sessions per site. Log into multiple accounts on the same site simultaneously. No more need for secondary browsers, private sessions, and let SessionBox handle these for you.
Your sessions are securely synchronized between your devices by using your SessionBox account. Start a session here and continue it in any other chrome browser.
Protect your privacy. Tabs managed by SessionBox do not use shared storage, variables are handled by the extension. Other tabs and websites therefore cannot monitor your activity.
MailTrack.io is an email tracking extension for Gmail and Inbox that lets you know if the emails you’ve sent have been read or not. Mailtrack extension adds the double check marks to your Gmail so you can easily track emails.
Some of the notable features of email tracking includes :
- See which emails have been read, how long ago and how many times
- Stop asking if your colleagues read your emails
- Access our dashboard and filter emails that have been ‘read’ or ‘not read’
- Extension for Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Opera browsers that allows you to track emails
- Free and unlimited email tracking for Gmail and Inbox
- Real-time alerts when your emails are open (desktop pop-up or by e-mail)
- Daily email tracking reports
- Link tracking
Drag’s free Task List app turns your inbox into a manageable workspace (just like Trello, but for Gmail).
Drag ‘n drop your emails between stages; To Do, Doing and Done, and customize them. It makes the hours spent in your inbox a whole lot easier and more organized.
It uses ‘Kanban’ layout right inside Gmail. You’ll know it from tools such as Trello or Pipedrive Kanban is a way of managing tasks in a lean way, it allows you to visually map your workflow –we’re the first to bring this to Gmail.
Dayboard is a new tab to do list that focuses on just 5 items each day. Start your day by writing down the most important tasks you want to accomplish. Every time you open a new tab, you’ll be reminded of your priorities, which works with a built-in site blocker that prevents you from visiting distracting sites like Facebook, Twitter, Reddit and YouTube. This way you can fight procrastination and stay focused on the task at hand.
Some of the notable features includes:
- minimal todo list on the new tab page
- site blocker that stops you from visiting distracting sites
- focus mode that shows you one task at a time
- history to show you review your progress
- connect with team members to keep track of what everyone’s working on (via dayboard.co)
- keep your tasks in sync on different machines (via dayboard.co)
- the ability to archive tasks
Taco is a smart task management new tab extension that exports your tasks and other notes from many other services, like Basecamp, Zendesk, Salesforce, Trello, Pocket and similar. While managing your tasks, you are given the opportunity to label them and hide anything else.
Wunderlist has a simplistic to-do list that follows you with each new tab you open. When you do so, a text line with a drop-down list appears, you can add additional tasks here or choose a different list. So the extension is very convenient for users who like to create and keep lists of interesting food to try, places to travel or TV series to watch.
Rapportive‘s Chrome extension is a simple and free way to get more information about the people you communicate with via Gmail. Once installed, each time you add a new recipient to a mail, any public information will show up in the side panel of your Gmail window. It also does the same for incoming mail, and shows how you’re linked via social media (if at all) and any messages between the two of you.
#19.Save to Pocket
When you find something in Chrome that you want to view later, put it in Pocket. It automatically syncs to your phone, tablet or computer so you can view it at any time, even without an internet connection.
Some of the notable features include:
- One-click saving of any page with the toolbar button or keyboard shortcut
- Right-click menu item to save any link, no need to load the page first
- Quickly add tags
- See related recommendations when you save to Pocket
- See trending stories and topics when you open a new tab
- Syncs across all devices – iPhone, iPad, Android and more
- Completely free, upgrade anytime to Premium for a more powerful Pocket experience
Found a webpage, image, or quote that you want to save for later? With the Google Keep Chrome Extension, easily save the things you care about to Keep and have them synced across all of the platforms that you use — including web, Android, iOS, and Wear. Take notes for additional detail and add labels to quickly categorize your note for later retrieval.
- Save URLs, text, and images
- Take notes on saved content
- Add labels to your notes
- Automatically saves to Google Keep
Ginger for Chrome is the ultimate tool for writing, offering everything you need to write great English in your favorite websites.
It includes a full set of features to ensure that you make the most out of all of your written communications: Equally suited for both native and non-native English speakers, you can use Ginger Page to enhance your writing in business correspondence, academic documents and for social writing.
- World’s #1 Proofreader – Focus on expressing your ideas while Ginger Page ensures that your sentence structure, grammar, spelling and punctuation are error-free.
- Rephrase – Get smart suggestions to rephrase your text that are in line with your intended message. Ginger Page offers you different options that convey your message with more clarity and style.
- Translation – Quickly translate your text between 40 different languages. Write mixed text or entire messages and then and translate to English or any of the other supported languages.
- Quick access to definitions and synonyms.
- Ginger Live Corrections – Working alongside Ginger Page, Ginger’s Chrome extension provides live, as you type corrections.
- Favorites – Save your text so that you can use it again later — synced across all your platforms.
Use Ginger Page’s proofreader, which is based on advanced, patent-pending technology to immediately benefit from corrections that are more than 6 times more accurate.
Simple, clean, and distraction-free, Papier declutters your thoughts so you can focus on the content. Let nothing get in the way of your notes.
Open a new tab and you can start jotting down anything you want – there’s no need to set up an account since it’s all saved directly to Chrome. You can even do things like add subtitles, and some other basic formatting.
View, edit, and create Office files in your browser.
- Use Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Sway Online without needing Office installed.
- Use familiar formatting and layout options to express your ideas in full fidelity.
- Get to your files from anywhere, thanks to integration with OneDrive and OneDrive for Business.
- Use Copy and Paste buttons on the ribbon and right-click menu, or use keyboard shortcuts for copying and pasting.
#24.Infinity New Tab
Infinity is a New Tab Page extension for Chrome, it based on html5 and redefined your Chrome new tab. Compared with Chrome original new tab, infinity allows you to add your favorite websites by yourself.You can customize chrome New Tab; Open an era of page adding, which means that the URL will be added to the New Tab no matter which page you are browsing; Goggle Mail Reminder, Weather Tips, Todos, History Management, App Management, Notepad Application like Evernote, HD wallpapers, Bing, Baidu and Goggle Search can all be innovatively found in New Tab. Offer more simple and convenient applications.
- Wonderful Icons: With flat design style, including more than 200 domestic and international popular icons.
- HD Wallpapers: Carefully select 365 wallpapers from 35,000 HD ones to match the icons so that a new wallpaper is available for each specific day; Of course, you may also select the pictures from your computer as the wallpaper
- Cloud Sync: Back up real-time data to the Cloud, and allow Onekey Recovery from the Cloud.
- Intelligent Mail Notification: Gmail Mail Reminder.
- Todos: Check the things to be done and the things that have been done at any time.
- Personalized Search: Select your favorite search engine and customize additional personal search engine.
- App Extension Management: Manage your extensions quickly and conveniently.
- History Management: View your search history.
- Notepad: Record life details.
MEGA is a secure cloud storage service with 50 GB free storage space.This version also contains the new file versioning feature and MEGAchat with video, audio and text chat capability.
With MightyText you can send SMS from PC or Mac using your Android #. Sync Text Messages, Calls, Notifications, Photos, Battery Status.
- Send & Receive SMS Text Messages on your PC or Mac
- Uses your CURRENT Android Phone Number
- 100% Free
- Get started in less than 60 seconds
- Sync your phone’s photos and videos instantly to MightyText
- See your Android app notifications on your Computer (from any app – not just your sms app)
- Sync your phone’s MMS Picture Messages to your computer
- Get low battery alerts on your computer (when your phone has low battery)
Black Menu for Google gives you quick access to your favorite Google services with a convenient drop-down menu that lets you use Search, Google+, Translate, and many others without leaving the page you’re on. Click on menu items to get a small windowed preview or click on the open in new button on the right to open them in a new tab.
Access below and more with Black Menu for Google:
- Google Search. Quickly search the web or switch tabs to search for images, books, news, etc.—all within the mini window.
- Google+. Share the current page, or check your latest Google notifications. Navigate all of Google+ as you would on a mobile device.
- Google Translate. Type or paste text into the box to get a quick translation for that comment you received in a foreign language. View your translate history and save your favorite ones.
- Google Maps. Find the next restaurant to try out by using the mini map that has search, Street View, and layers for satellite, traffic, public transport and cycling.
- YouTube. Watch popular videos or those recommended to you. Do a search and filter the results to find that one video you wanted to share. Sign in to find useful shortcuts at the bottom.
- Google News. Read top news from your locale or any country you choose. Also browse sections like World, Business, Sci/Tech and Entertainment. Use search to find news about any topic.
- Gmail. Get a full-featured Gmail inbox to check or send mail from. Reply to colleagues, edit labels, forward emails, or archive them—do almost everything Gmail can do right from the menu.
- Google Drive. Browse folders or search for files in a nice familiar layout. View your documents as a list or see images in a grid view. Click the add button to upload files or make new ones.
- Google Calendar. See your upcoming events summarized in a list. Toggle which calendars you’d like to see from the side drawer or just search for specific events.
- Google Keep. Create lists, reminders, or paste snippets from the web. All your notes are here, including archived ones. Organize and rearrange them as you want.
- Apps page. Access shortcuts to common (and obscure) Google websites like Google Contacts, Google Groups, Google Art Project, Google Follow Your World and 450+ more!
Privacy, Internet Security and Ad Blocking
#28. Adblock Plus
Adblock Plus, one of the most popular Google Chrome extensions, cleans web pages, by removing advertisements from sidebars and everywhere else. The free plugin can block various kinds of ads, such as animated ads, pop-ups & pop-unders, Facebook ads etc. Also, there is an impressive level of protection from tracking and malware. It is to be noted that Adblock Plus does not put end to web advertisements; on the other hand, there’s a set of acceptable ads that do not interrupt your web browsing. Plus, this open-source extension is customizable as well.
- All annoying ads
- Youtube video ads
- Facebook ads & other annoyances
- Third party tracking
Types of ADS blocked
- Animated ads
- Autoplay-sound ads
- Overlay ads
- Pop-ups / Pop-unders
- Expanding ads
- Interstitial page ads
- Video ads / Overlay in-video ads
- Facebook ads
- Webmail ads
- All other annoying ads
#29. uBlock Origin
uBlock Origin is a general-purpose blocker. uBlock blocks ads through its support of the Adblock Plus filter syntax. uBlock extends the syntax and is designed to work with custom rules and filters. Furthermore, advanced mode allows uBlock to work in default-deny mode, which mode will cause all 3rd-party network requests to be blocked by default, unless allowed by the user. For instance, rather than blocking all the ads, you’ve the option to integrate some lists with the blocking process so that the tool has a conscience about ads that need to be blocked.
Despite its ability to support various host file-based filters, uBlock Origin is known for the lower usage of CPU memory. For performance,please check this link https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/#performance
EasyList, Peter Lowe’s Adservers, EasyPrivacy and Malware domains are enabled by default when you install uBlock. Many more lists are readily available to block trackers, analytics, and more. Hosts files are also supported.
Once you install uBlock, you may easily un-select any of the pre-selected filter lists if you think uBlock blocks too much. For reference, Adblock Plus installs with only EasyList enabled by default.
Blur makes it easy to keep track of and secure all your personal information online. Some of the notable features include
- Creates strong encrypted passwords in one click – even for sites you already have logins for
- Saves, encrypts and organizes your passwords. Logs you in fast.
- Works seamlessly across your iPhone, iPad and browser
- Use Touch ID and other iPhone 6 features to login even faster.
- Shop online without ever giving out your credit card to merchants
- Masked Cards let you pay using new disposable credit cards (like Paypal, but better)
- Auto-fill your real encrypted credit card, billing, and address info for fast checkouts, when you choose
- Charges show up as Abine, Inc. on your statement to protect your privacy
- Block hundreds of companies from secretly collecting data about what you do online
- Block tracking that doesn’t rely on cookies (more effective than “private browsing”)
- Stop Facebook and others from tracking you even when no logged in
- Updated service and protection incorporating feedback from over 10 million daily users (block new and emerging threats)
- Passwords and key data are secured with AES-256 encryption
- Separate keys are used for authentication/authorization and data encryption
- Encryption keys are stored using host-proof hosting
- Encrypted data is stored using optional personal storage accounts (e.g. DropBox)
This free Google Chrome extension brings a completely free yet effective VPN (Virtual Private Network) into your Chrome, so that you can browse without revealing your identity to anyone who is waiting there to track. Of course, you have an option to access websites that are actually not available in your geographical area — due to censorship and other stuff. In addition, Hola Better Internet is known for providing a relatively quicker internet connection that is stable & less data-consuming as well. And, using Hola is a simple task, for that matter.
LastPass Google Chrome extension is a password manager, saves your passwords and gives you secure access. After setting up LastPass in your chrome browser, you will have to provide a master password and it is the last password you have to remember, for that matter. There is a lot of additional capabilities, such as the ability to save files, credentials etc that you want to be safe. The tool, in addition, enhances your online security through multi-factor authentication, replace weaker passwords etc. If you’re ready to pay more, premium version of LastPass has more features to offer.
Some of the notable features include:
- Store login usernames and passwords
- Checkout fast by adding credit cards & shopping profiles
- Attach docs, PDFs, images, audio, and more
- Save any piece of data you need to keep secure and easy-to-find
- Manage everything from a simple, searchable vault
- Add, edit, view, delete, and organize your passwords
- Login with the same LastPass account everywhere
- Anything you save on one device is instantly available on all your other devices
- Download LastPass to all your computers and get LastPass app for your smartphone or tablet
- Generate secure passwords to replace weak ones
- Create new passwords as you sign up for sites
- Protect your LastPass account with multifactor authentication
- Use the LastPass security check to review your passwords and flag weak and duplicate passwords
WOT allows you to determine trustworthiness of a site / service in a quicker manner. When you’re in a website, you can click the WOT button and it will show different details about reputation of the site, based on other users’ previous experiences and reviews. There are two signs — green and red — that can help you decide trustworthiness of a site easily. In addition, you have the option to add your own reviews about the site or service, right away from the window. WOT scores are determined by compiling reviews from global community and you can trust it when it comes to dealing with unfamiliar websites and services.
Some of the notable features include
- Web Security Reputation Icons : A small icon on your browser displays each site’s rating and reputation, warning you of malicious websites before you visit them
- Warning Screen (optional) : Enhance your online security with a warning popup when you land on a site with a poor reputation, giving you the option to proceed or go back to safety
- Check any site before visiting : The best internet security methods are preventative. Use WOT scorecards to check reputation and reviews for any site before you visit. This can help you avoid scam and phishing sites. Find the site safety checker at https://mywot.com/
- Real-time Protection : WOT has 2 modes: Real-time Protection and Manual Mode. Real-time Protection allows you to safe search the internet, enhancing your web security by actively notifying you of online threats such as scams, malware, and phishing
- Site Reviews : When visiting a site, users can give a rating and review based on their personal experiences
- Google Safe Browsing : Browse safely on Chrome with the ultimate safe search supplement to antivirus and anti-spyware solutions
- Free internet security : WOT is free and always will be.
Click&Clean is a privacy-protection chrome plugin that lets you analyze web browsing activities to find whether your data is vulnerable to surveillance and other sorts of compromises.
Some of the notable features include:
- Scan your PC for Malware
- Delete your browsing history,
- Remove download history,
- Erase temporary files,
- Clear cookies and Empty cache,
- Delete client-side Web SQL Databases
- Remove Flash Cookies (LSOs)
- Protect your privacy by cleaning up all traces of your internet activity,
- Clean up your hard drives and Free up more disk space, including secure file deletion using external applications, like CCleaner or Wise Disk Cleaner.
This plugin, changes thousands of sites to HTTPS from the non-secure HTTP. So, it can protect from a lot of threats such as privacy hijacking, frauds and some kinds of surveillance that is present, almost everywhere.
One of the better-known and most capable privacy tracking extensions out there, Ghostery displays a detailed breakdown of all the information sites are gathering on you, giving you background on how this data is collected and enabling you to block any of this behavior. Ghostery gives you the tools needed to understand the different types of trackers and how they may impact your overall browsing experience, putting the power directly in your hands
Social & Communication
The Awwwards extension is a tool to collect images, websites or videos and to do screen captures. If you are a designer, artist or a freelancer the Awwwards extension will help you to collect graphic resources or your favorite websites and allows you to store and order them in folders.
- Install the extension
- Log in with your username or create a new account
- Create your collection and start adding things
- Once you have created your collections you can drag the resources directly to the folders or you can screen capture images or videos
- All in the cloud, always accessible
To see how often a link has been shared, who shared it and what they said. This plugin will show you the aggregate interaction results on that link across Facebook, Pinterest and Linkedin. As well, the specific Facebook posts, Instagram posts, tweets, and subreddits that mention this link.
It works for articles, as well as YouTube videos, Facebook videos, Vines and more.
With just one click, you can share web pages and text with your LINE friends or save them in Keep.
1. One-click sharing
Want to share the current web page via LINE? Simply click the LINE button at the top right of your screen. You can easily share it in chat or Timeline, or save it to Keep to view later on your mobile device.
2. Share text by highlighting it
When you want to easily share some text from the web, just highlight the desired text and right-click or click the “LINE it!” button. Note that you can enable or disable the “LINE it!” button by right-clicking the app’s icon at the top right of your screen.
3. Easy access everywhere
You can easily see shared or saved web content from anywhere using the mobile version of LINE.
Discover what makes a video go viral and optimize your videos to get more views!
This extension includes:
- vidIQ Score – We rank every YouTube video according to a proprietary, cross-platform algorithm, and assign it an optimization score to predict its likelihood of promotion in Related Videos, Search, Recommended Videos, and more.
- Velocity – Measured in Views Per Hour, the Velocity feature allows you to identify which YouTube videos are gaining viral traction by seeing how quickly views are accelerating – in real time!
- Average Watch Time – Get an exact idea of average viewing length for both your videos and those you’re watching.
- Social Media Likes/Shares/Comments – See how many times someone on Facebook, Twitter, or Reddit has Liked, Shared or included your video’s URL in a comment.
- Tags – View SEO data like meta-tags on any YouTube video to get an edge when optimizing your own channel content.
- Words Per Minute – WPM measures word count against video length to reveal unexpected insights about the success of fast-talking, jump-cutting creator content.
- Description Link Count – We offer value suggestions and best practices for adding links into your video descriptions.
- Description Word Count – We warn you when your video description is too short and let you know when it’s just right for YouTube optimization.
Media, Editing & Development
Musixmatch brings corresponding song lyrics when you are watching a YouTube video, it is the world’s largest and official Lyrics catalog with +7M Lyrics in 32 languages.
#42. Pixlr Editor
Pixlr Editor is the most popular advanced online photo editor. Tools include red-eye reduction, a spot healing tool, drawing tools, clone tools, sharpen, blur, and many more. Filters include mimic HDR, glamour glow, tilt-shift, Gaussian blur, vignetting, noise, and many others. Adjustments include advanced concepts like Levels, Curves, Cross Process, Desaturate, Auto Levels, Hue/Saturation and Brightness/Contrast.
With ColorZilla extension designers and developers can get a color reading from any point in your browser, quickly adjust this color and paste it into another program.
Some of the notable features includes:
- Eyedropper – get the color of any pixel on the page
- Advanced Color Picker (similar to Photoshop’s)
- Ultimate CSS Gradient Generator
- Webpage Color Analyzer – get a color palette for any site
- Palette Viewer with 7 pre-installed palettes
- Color History of recently picked colors
- Displays element information like tag name, class, id, size etc.
- Auto copy picked colors to clipboard
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Get colors of dynamic hover elements
- Single-click to start color picking (currently only on Windows)
- Pick colors from Flash objects
- Pick colors at any zoom level
With Loom you can Capture, narrate and instantly share videos to communicate faster, clearer and friendlier.Some of the notable use-cases for using Loom would be:
Loom is incredibly flexible in use cases with Full Desktop Recording, Front Facing Camera, or Tab Only:
- Executives use it for company updates and building culture.
- Designers for giving feedback and design walkthroughs.
- Product Managers use it for new initiative pitches and team stand up.
- Marketers use it for creating new feature assets and collecting testimonials.
- Sales uses it for lead generation and email communication.
- Teachers use it for lesson recaps and student presentations.
- Engineers use it for bug documentation and code comments.
- Customer Care uses it for FAQ videos and real time support.
Integration with Google Services
#45. Google Dictionary
For those who find hard to understand words while browsing web, Google Dictionary is a must-have extension for Chrome. With Google Dictionary you can double click on a word to see meaning of the word in a pop-up. Not only English, there is support for various languages and you can depend upon Google Dictionary plugin when you’re reading a jargon-filled or ornamentally-written article. There is also an option to hear the word pronounced, right away.
- Double-click any word to view its definition in a small pop-up bubble.
- View the complete definition of any word or phrase using the toolbar dictionary.
- Store a history of words you’ve looked up, so you can practice them later.
- Foreign words are automatically translated to your language of choice.
Goog.gl URL Shortener is useful for those who share links quite frequently. It lets you create goog.gl short URL of a page, through a single click on the toolbar button. It offers features such as the ability to use a keyboard shortcut for creating short URL, auto-copy to clipboard, QR Code, the option to share the link through various popular services including Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.
- Official goo.gl API support
- Official goo.gl history/dashboard support with OAuth
- Auto copy to clipboard
- Keyboard shortcut
- Context menu
- QR Code
- Highly customizable
- Incognito mode
- Share with your default mail client
- Share with many different services
Using Google Calendar extension you can create or add events as you browse web. Suppose there is details of an event in a web page you visit and you want to create an event-based reminder about it. You can click the button to instantly add events to your calendar. There is also an option to view events that you have added to the calendar.
- Displays events from your selected calendars.
- Quick Add: When adding events, you no longer need to specify a time separately. Type events such as:
- “Dinner with Sam at 8pm Sunday”, or
- “Vacation from Dec 25 to Dec 31”
- If you’re on certain sites where it detects the presence of events, the icon changes to an orange “+”. Clicking that icon lets you add the event to your Google Calendar, and shows you a map (if there’s a location it could detect.)
- Any site that uses the hCalendar microformat or derivative microformats such as hResume are supported.
- This extension shows events from whatever calendars you are logged in within Chrome.
- If you want to use a Google Apps calendar, you should login to that account first, then open the extension.
Google Scholar is a search engine that indexes scholarly articles and make them accessible from everywhere. This Google Chrome extension lets you perform Google Scholar searches without opening a new tab. Once you have installed Google Scholar Button, you have to click on the button after selecting the text or phrase you want to search; in the opening section, you can see search results along with options for quoting the scholarly article or the associated file.
- Find full text on the web or in your university library. Select the title of the paper on the page you’re reading, and click the Scholar button to find it.
- Transfer your query from web search to Scholar. Press the Scholar button to see top three results; click “full screen” in the lower left of the popup to see them all.
- Format references in widely used citation styles. Press the quote button in the popup to see a formatted reference and copy it into the paper you’re writing.
#49. Google Input Tools
Google Input Tools is a must-have extension for those who want to type in a language other than English. The Google Input Tools extension provides virtual keyboards for over 90 languages, full IMEs or direct transliteration for over 30 different scripts, and handwriting input for over 40 languages. There are different methods to type, such as in-script, transliteration and handwriting mode, and you have the freedom to choose the method you find most convenient.
#50. Boomerang for Gmail
Boomerang allows you to schedule messages to be sent or returned at a later date. Write a message now, send it whenever, even if you’re not online. Track messages to make sure you hear back, and schedule reminders right inside Gmail. Know whether your email got read with cross-platform read receipts. Free yourself from constant interruptions using Inbox Pause, while still getting notified about the emails that matter.
- Scheduling emails
- Project management
- Remembering to pay bills
- Making sure you follow up with a sales lead, and that they replied to you
- Communicating with people in different time zones
- Managing travel confirmation emails, returning them on the day of your trip
- Figuring out if your emails are getting read with cross-platform read receipts
- Measuring your email engagement with open tracking and click tracking
- Writing effective emails that get a response
- Focusing on an important project without constant email distractions
- Achieving Inbox Zero!
You’re welcome to add any of the chrome extension in the comments extension.