4 things you should know about Cryptojacking
An investigation conducted by Check Point researchers reveals that cryptocurrency miners have knowingly been injected into some top websites, mostly media streaming and file sharing services, without notifying the users. According to Check Point research, those miners regularly use as much as 65% of the end-users’ CPU power.
In this post,we take look at what is Cryptojacking, how you can detect & prevent it.
#1.What is Cryptojacking ?
#2.Does my mobile is affected ?
#3.How to detect ?
Cryptojacking is difficult to detect but below signs could give you quick indication of something happening in the background
- Slow computer performance or quick battery drain in case of laptops
- Overheating systems
#4.How to prevent ?
- Install ad-blocking or anti-cryptomining extension on web browsers.
- Keep your browser extensions up to date since there could be some malicious browser extensions or poisoning legitimate extensions to execute crypto mining scripts.
- Disable/remove browser extensions which are not needed.
- Update your antivirus/anti-malware software
Like this post? Don’t forget to share it!