How to apply for instant e-PAN ?
Income Tax dept has recently come up with Instant e-PAN allotment,this would be useful for individuals who don’t have PAN, they can now apply with valid Aadhaar number (with updated Mobile number) and get it instantly.
Here we take look at steps on how to apply for Instant e-PAN.
What is e-PAN ?
e-PAN is a digitally signed PAN card issued in electronic format by Income Tax Department using Aadhaar e-KYC process.
Prerequisites for e-PAN application
- e-PAN facility is only for individuals and not for HUF,Firms,Trusts and Companies etc.,
- Active mobile number linked with Aadhaar to receive OTP
- e-PAN is generated using details available in Aadhaar,If you want to update the details in Aadhaar,please visit UIDAI home
- Details in Aadhaar should exactly match with applicants name etc., update details before e-PAN application
- Scanned copy of the applicant’s signature needs to be uploaded with specification below :
- Resolution – 200 DPI
- Type – Color
- File Type – JPEG
- Size – Max 10KB
- Dimenstion – 2 X 4.5cm
Steps to apply e-PAN
#1.Visit the IT Department e-Filing portal,click on ‘Instant e-PAN’
#2.Check the Guidelines and click on ‘Next’
#3.Fill the details (it should be same as in Aadhaar) and Click on ‘Submit’ button.
OTP would be sent to registered mobile number. Once authentication is successful,15 digit acknowledgement number will be generated and sent to your Aadhaar registered mobile number and also to the Email ID which you filled in the application form.
On successful e-PAN allotment, you would receive the SMS/Email alert. Post which you can download the e-PAN by visiting the e-Filing portal.
Like this post? Don’t forget to share it!