Read Time:50 Second
Use AES Protect tool for encrypting single files using a passphrase and AES.It has 3 in-built programs AES Protect is for general use; AES Metal gives expert level control, and enables managing features like initialization vector and key; AES Command is a console-based tool which combines AES Protect and AES Metal functionality.
The interface is simple. Select the file to encrypt, the destination folder and file, and the passphrase. Click Start and the file is encrypted within a few seconds.
To decrypt it,choose the same file and enter the passphrase again. Click the Encrypt button to toggle to a Decrypt operation, and click Start to retrieve it.
- Encrypt single files using a passphrase
- Portable, no installation required
- Written in x86 assembly language
- Lightweight, only 26k in size
- Advanced Encryption Standard – Rijndael cipher
- Galois Counter Mode encryption and authentication
- Passphrase up to 512 characters
- Passphrase character counter
- PBKDF2 SHA-256 key derivation, 524288 rounds
- Automatic AES-NI hardware acceleration
- Suitable for everyday use