TOP 3 tools to remove Junk Files
Though you would have used an uninstaller program supplied with the software to uninstall, in most of the cases you would realize there won’t be clean uninstall and there would be some junk left, here we see Top 3 uninstallers to perform complete clean uninstall.
#1.Wise Program Uninstaller
Wise Program Uninstaller is a portable utility to perform a complete and clean uninstall of your unwanted programs and entries. It can uninstall unnecessary programs safely and forcedly, remove residual entries, and repair programs.
- Safe Uninstall: Those common programs that carry uninstall executable programs with themselves can be uninstalled.
- Forced Uninstall: Stubborn, tough, abnormal, and non-standard programs should be uninstalled.
- Modify Programs: Damaged programs can get repaired and return to normal.
- Remove entries: Residual or Omitted entries left by uninstalled programs can be removed completely and cleaned.
Key Features :
- Free of charge
- Easy to use
- Support Win8/Win7/Vista/XP, both 32-bit and 64-bit.
- Able to search more leftovers after an uninstall than other programs
- More thorough and complete removal
- Combined Safe Uninstall and Forced Uninstall together
- Added program repair feature
- Support of multiple languages
Supported Operating Systems
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, both 32bit and 64 bit
CPU: Pentium 233 MHz or above
RAM: 128 MB or above
Disk Space: the minimum of the space for installing Wise Program Uninstaller is 10 MB
IObit Uninstaller offers the easiest and fastest solution to uninstall programs, plug-ins, and Windows Apps without any hassle. It detects and categorizes all of the installed programs and allows batch uninstallation. Besides, it detects unwanted browser toolbars and plug-ins to help users remove them for safer browsing. To uninstall bundleware, all bundled products will be listed when you uninstall any one of them, which enables you to remove the other installed bundleware and bundled plug-ins easily and completely.
To guarantee thoroughly uninstall, IObit uninstaller monitors program installation. Bundled programs and plug-ins can be easily identified; some you may never notice have been installed on your computer. And when you decide to uninstall the main program, these bundled items can be removed together.
Key Features :
- Standard and Advanced Uninstall : While Standard Uninstall works as the Windows built-in Add/Remove Programs function, Advanced Uninstall function helps you scan Windows registry and hard drive for any possible installation leftovers.
- Without Installation : Look for a pure uninstaller that does NOT need an installation and will not screw your system again? IObit Uninstalller is the answer.
- Forced Uninstall :Even a program is not listed in Windows built-in Add/Remove Programs, this feature still can help you automatically find the program’s leftovers and traces in your system and remove them completely.
- Batch Uninstall : Uninstall several applications easily with just one click.
- Log Manager and Restoration : Easily view what has been changed by IObit Uninstalller. Every time an “Advanced Uninstall” is performed, a restore point image will be automatically set for possible future system restoration.
- Free and Easy-to-use : No IT knowledge needed, just download it and simply run it to remove all junk programs.
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10
- 300 MB of free disk space
- 1024*768 screen resolution and above
CCleaner is a small, effective utility for computers running Microsoft Windows that cleans out the ‘junk’ that accumulates over time: temporary files, broken shortcuts, and other problems.
CCleaner protects your privacy. It cleans your browsing history and temporary internet files, allowing you to be a more confident Internet user and less susceptible to identity theft.
CCleaner can clean unneeded files from various programs saving you hard disk space, remove unneeded entries in the Windows Registry, help you uninstall software and select which programs start with Windows.
Additionally, it contains a fully featured registry cleaner. But the best part is that it’s fast (normally taking less than a second to run) and contains NO Spyware or Adware!
Cleans the following :
- Internet Explorer – Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies, Autocomplete form history, index.dat files.
- Firefox – Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies, download history, form history.
- Google Chrome – Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies, download history, form history.
- Opera – Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies, download history.
- Apple Safari – Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies, form history.
- Other Supported Browsers : K-Meleon, Rockmelt, Flock, Google Chrome Canary, Chromium, SeaMonkey, Chrome Plus, SRWare Iron, Pale Moon, Phoenix, Netscape Navigator, Avant.
- Windows : Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files, Log files, Clipboard, DNS Cache, Error Reporting, Memory Dumps, Jump Lists.
- Registry Cleaner : Advanced features to remove unused and old entries, including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more…
- Third-party applications : Removes temp files and recent file lists (MRUs) from many apps including Windows Media Player, eMule, Google Toolbar, Microsoft Office, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and many more…
- This software does NOT contain any Spyware, Adware or Viruses.
System Requirements :
CCleaner will run on any PC running Microsoft Windows XP, Mac 10.6 or later. If you’re running one of the following operating systems, you’re fine to run CCleaner:
- Windows 10 (all editions, including 64-bit)
- Windows 8 (all editions, including 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (all editions, including 64-bit)
- Windows Vista (all editions, including 64-bit)
- Windows XP (all editions, including 64-bit)
- Windows 2003, 2008 and 2012 Server (all editions)
- Mac 10.6 to 10.11 64-bit editions
If I have missed any of the tools, please post it in the comments section.
Like this post? Don’t forget to share it!