New Year Resolution 2020 #3: Save Money
Its already year start & sale season is still underway, here are the best shopping hacks that may help you save while shopping online.
- #1. Use Incognito window or Clear your browser history before shopping
- #2. Use Chrome extensions to know about all coupon codes/price/offers applicable for a website automatically.
- #3.Cashback websites, digital wallets, and price comparison websites to save more.
- #4. Add your wishlist to cart and leave it.
- #5.Sign-up and refer-a-friend offers
#1. Use Incognito window or Clear your browser history before shopping
When using Incognito mode, your browser doesn’t save your browsing history or information entered in forms. Cookies and site data are remembered while you’re browsing but deleted when you close Incognito mode.
Since there is no browsing history/cookies, retailers can’t show different prices to different customers depending on their location, interests, and browsing pattern, etc.,
#2. Use Chrome extensions to know about all coupon codes/price/offers applicable for a website automatically.
Honey extension with this extension you can automatically find and apply coupon codes when you shop online!
Click on the Honey button during checkout and Honey will automatically apply coupon codes to your shopping cart. Discover the best time to buy with price history charts and alerts when your favorite products are on sale.
With DealHack you can automatically uncovers promo codes and sales as you shop online.
Shop via Amulyam to earn free recharge on your shopping from Flipkart, Jabong, Paytm and 500 plus other stores.
BuyHatke – With this extension, get the best price via comparison, graph, coupons & price drop alerts. Buyhatke helps you shop online and find the best prices.
Key features of Buyhatke :
- See Price Graph: For every product in Flipkart or Amazon, you can see the item’s price history for 3 months. Also, see when it’s the best time to buy.
- See Popularity Graph: For every product in Flipkart or Amazon, you can see the item’s popularity for 3 months. It will help you figure out if the product you are looking for is popular.
- Compare prices: Get the best prices easily. No need to manually check every site for the lowest price.
- Watch Price: Price too high? Watch Price for your favorite items and get an alert when the price drops via mail or push notifications on website and mobile(via app)
- Automatic coupons: Just click on the auto coupon button at the checkout page, and we’ll apply the correct coupon automatically
- Autobook products on flash sale: Well, Buyhatke is the website that started autobook of products in India. Currently, it works for all flash sales on Flipkart, Amazon and MI.com website. Extension works for Redmi 4, Redmi Note 4, Redmi 4A and Nokia 6 autobook. No need to run any manual script to book
- Cricket Updates: Just subscribe for cricket updates and get live score wherever you go and push notification (optional) for 4/6/W. Get Live Cricket score/scorecard on all the tabs and carry on your work
- Flight Price Comparison: Extension also helps you to compare flight prices on the fly. It shows a comparison bar on flight sites like Makemytrip (MMT), Yatra, Cleartrip, Akbartravels, Goibibo, Expedia, Paytm, etc and many more.
- Works in Flipkart, Amazon, Snapdeal, Myntra, Jabong, Paytm and 70+ other sites
MakkhiChoose – With MakkhiChoose you can automatically compare prices and find the lowest price of a product while you are shopping online. MakkhiChoose lets you visit your favorite store as always, but now also lets you know if the smartphone, DSLR camera, or best-selling book you are buying is cheaper elsewhere. Yes, it is a clever little thing that allows you to save money and time without any hassles, without expecting you to visit multiple other websites.
Here is a video on how to save money while shopping online :
Here are the other best shopping chrome extensions to help you save money while shopping online.
Keepa adds price history charts and the option to be alerted on price drops to all Amazon sites.
Key features :
- Price History charts for over 360 million Amazon products, even for different versions, colors or sizes of a product.
- Set up a price watch directly from the product page. We track any product for you and notify you once the product dropped below your desired price.
- Compare and track international Amazon prices. Prices for all Amazon locales are listed and can easily be tracked.
- Keepa can send you an email, Tweet you, send you a notification to you preferred messenger (Facebook and Telegram) or simply send a web push notification when you are surfing the web. Also, have an RSS feed for all your price watches. Whichever way you prefer.
- Get the real deals. Keepa finds the best deals every day. Find products with the highest drop in price in your favorite product category.
- You can easily import your whole wishlist and create price watches for every item on it.
- No account needed. Just install and start saving money.
Automatically find the lowest price on 10 million+ products across 100+ online stores in real-time
Key features :
- Get instant alert as soon as the price drops for your favorite product.
- Find the latest coupons on the checkout page of e-commerce store
- Product research made easy with access to recently viewed products on new tab of browser
- Search on all e-commerce stores simultaneously in one click
- Get personalized offer notifications based on your e-commerce product interest
- Bonus: Get 25% cashback (Maximum Rs. 100) on your first purchase via MySmartPrice
Currently, this extension supports shopping sites in India only.
Automatically search and apply coupon codes while you shop online and also earn additional cashback! Shop online at the lowest price with the click of a button! Nitrogem automagically searches and applies the best coupon code to your shopping cart instantly.
You can earn additional cashback on every purchase made on a supported online store by signing up with Nitrogem for free!
Currently supports all the major online stores in India and the US including Makemytrip, Yatra, Jabong, Myntra, and Cleartrip among 200+ others!
CouponSumo coupon codes finder notifies you of online coupons while you’re browsing the web. You will never need to use search engines to search coupon code again.
With Shoptagr you’ll always be the first to know if something you love goes on sale! Easily save fashion items on your favorite sites. Get notified when those products drop in price (including coupons).
This Extension allows you to monitor the Flipkart product price and stock right from the browser alerts you when there is a price and stock changes.
You’re welcome to add your favorite chrome extension in the comments extension.
#3.Cashback websites, digital wallets, and price comparison websites to save more.
There are a number of cashback websites ex.CashKaro etc., out there, you can use those to get good deals.
PriceDekho aggregates the latest coupons and deals from more than 100 sellers to help users get the best offer. It has over 15 million products across categories like mobile phones, tablets, electronics, beauty products, apparel, footwear, books, games and home decoratives.
#4. Add your wishlist to cart and leave it.
Your retailer would definitely reach out to you with special discounts and offers on those particular items to finish the purchase. In e-commerce terms, when a potential customer provides their contact information but doesn’t complete the order, their cart is stored as an abandoned checkout.
To recover abandoned cart, the retailer would remain back. In a recent Reddit thread, several Redditors confirmed that receiving abandoned cart email reminders had a positive effect on their decision to purchase.
#5.Sign-up and refer-a-friend offers
This is going to be a simple trick, use multiple email ids to accumulate coupons and the same can be used for future purchases.
Like this post? Don’t forget to share it!