Use AssertJ to improve your test code readability, maintenance of tests easier
AssertJ core is a Java library that provides a fluent interface for writing assertions.It provides assertions for JDK standard types and can be used with JUnit, TestNG or any other test framework.
Key Features :
- AssertJ provides a rich set of assertions, truly helpful error messages, improves test code readability and is designed to be super easy to use within your favorite IDE.
- AssertJ gives readable error messages, soft assertions, and improved collections and exception support.
- You can easily write assertions for your own classes, which will make your test assertions reflect the domain
- Basic tips :
- Java 8 assertions
- IDE configuration to directly get assertThat in code completion
- Describe your assertion using as(String description, Object… args)
- Exception assertions guide
- Using String assertions on the content of a file
Iterable and arrays assertions :
- Combining filtering and assertions on iterables or arrays
- Assertions on extracted properties/fields of iterable/array elements
- Flat(map) extracting
- Assertions on results of a method call on iterable/array elements
- Gather all errors message with soft assertions
- Using a custom comparison strategy in assertions
- Field by field comparisons
- Using a custom representation in assertions
- Extending assertions with conditions
- Creating assertions for your domain
- AssertJ provides assertions for popular libraries like Guava,Joda Time & Neo4J
Get started with one minute starting guide
If you want to convert your JUnit assertions to AssertJ,here it is!
Like this post? Don’t forget to share it!