UMANG (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance) is envisaged to make e-governance ‘mobile first’. It is developed by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and National e-Governance Division (NeGD).UMANG provides a single platform for all Indian Citizens to access pan India e-Gov services ranging from Central to Local Government bodies and other citizen centric services.
UMANG service has been made available on multiple channels like mobile application, web, IVR and SMS which can be accessed through smartphones, feature phones, tablets and desktops. UMANG has been created with a thought to add convenience to your lifestyle. UMANG will revolutionize the way how an Indian citizen avails government services today, because it leverages the current accelerated internet and smartphone penetration in our country.
UMANG App Key Features:
- Unified Platform: It brings together all government departments and their services on a single platform to provide better and easier services to citizens.
- Mobile First Strategy: It aligns all government services with the mobile first strategy to leverage mobile adoption trends.
- Integration with Digital India Services: It provides seamless integration with other Digital India Services like Aadhaar, DigiLocker, and PayGov. Any new such service will automatically be integrated with the platform.
- Uniform Experience: It is designed to enable citizens to discover, download, access, and use all government services easily.
- Secure and Scalable: It supports Aadhaar-based and other authentication mechanisms for service access. The sensitive profile data is saved in encrypted format and no one can view this information.
Some of the Services available now:
- CBSE: All CBSE Students can locate the exam centers and view their exam results using this application in UMANG.
- NCERT: It enables students, teachers, parents, and schools to view class-wise and subject-wise content provided by NCERT in online and offline modes.
- AICTE: Citizens can search for AICTE approved institutes and courses.
- Soil Health Card: SHC helps in crop-wise recommendations of nutrients and fertilizers required for the individual farms to help farmers to improve the yield of production. Citizens can view their Soil Health Card using this application in UMANG.
- PMKVY: The objective of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) is to enable a large number of Indian youth to take up industry-relevant skill training that will help them in securing a better livelihood. Citizens can apply as a candidate under PMKVY and view their application.
- MoHUPA: The Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation is an agency responsible for urban poverty, housing, and employment programs. Citizens can apply for PMAY scheme using this application in UMANG.
- Crop Insurance: Crop Insurance helps to protect against either the loss of crops due to natural disasters, such as hail, drought, and floods, or the loss of revenue due to decline in the prices of agricultural commodities.
- ORS: Online Registration System (ORS) links various hospitals across the country to enable citizens to book/cancel appointments and view lab and blood availability reports in UMANG.
You can also get App link by giving us missed call on 97183-97183 or visit UMANG site.
Like this post? Don’t forget to share it!