Hotjar combines both Analysis and Feedback tools to provide ‘big picture’ of how to improve your site’s user experience and performance (conversion rates). The Analysis tools allow you to measure and observe user behavior (what users do) while the Feedback tools allow you to hear what your users have to say (Voice of User / Customer).
- Heatmaps: Understand what users want, care about and perform on website by visually representing their clicks, taps and scrolling behavior
- Visitor Recordings: Eliminate guesswork with recordings of real visitor behavior on website
- Conversion Funnels: Find the biggest opportunities for improvement and testing by identifying on which page and at which step most visitors are leaving site.
- Form Analytics: Improve online form completion rates by discovering which fields take too long to fill, which are left blank, and why visitors abandon from form and page.
- Feedback Polls: Target questions to specific visitors anywhere on web and mobile site
- Surveys: Distribute surveys using web links, emails or invite visitors just before they abandon site to uncover their objections or concerns.
- Recruit User Testers: Recruit the best possible participants for user research and testing directly from site.
How Hotjar is different from Google Analytics
- Google Analytics would give data about the pages your users are visiting (for example, which page has the highest bounce rate or conversion rate), they will not show you how your visitors are really using the pages themselves.
With Hotjar you can truly understand your web and mobile site visitors by seeing how they interact with your pages and by understanding why they behave the way they do. This allows you to quickly identify opportunities for improvement and growth.
Some of the sample use cases (what you can achieve with Hotjar):
- Compare taps and clicks before & after tweaks.
- Remove or rethink ignored content.
- Align page copy to the same words used by visitors in their feedback.
- Translate common feedback comments into FAQs.
- Discover how visitors react to longer or shorter pages.
- Learn what content to move higher or lower on the page based on analysis.
Here is an video on introduction to Hotjar.
Get started with Hotjar action plan!