Cypress is a free, open-source, locally installed testing tool and a service for recording your tests. It is a useful tool that helps developers build end-to-end tests easily and records all test steps as a video in an MP4 file. Cypress can test anything that runs in a browser.
Cypress enables you to write all types of tests:
- End to end tests
- Integration tests
- Unit tests
- Time Travel: Cypress takes snapshots as your tests run. Simply hover over commands in the Command Log to see exactly what happened at each step.
- Ability to Debug: Stop guessing why your tests are failing. Debug directly from familiar tools like Chrome DevTools. Our readable errors and stack traces make debugging lightning fast.
- Automatic Waiting: Never add waits or sleeps to your tests. Cypress automatically waits for commands and assertions before moving on. No more async hell.
- Spies, Stubs, and Clocks: Verify and control the behavior of functions, server responses, or timers. The same functionality you love from unit testing is right at your fingertips.
- Network Traffic Control: Easily control, stub, and test edge cases without involving your server. You can stub network traffic however you like.
- Consistent Results: Our architecture doesn’t use Selenium or WebDriver. Say hello to fast, consistent and reliable tests that are flake-free.
- Screenshots and Videos: View screenshots were taken automatically on failure, or videos of your entire test suite when run from the CLI.
Cypress application supports the following operating systems:
- Mac OS 10.9+ (Mavericks+), only 64bit binaries are provided for macOS.
- Linux Ubuntu 12.04+, Fedora 21, Debian 8
- Windows 7+, only 32bit binaries are provided for Windows.
Refer below for Cypress installation via npm
Like this post? Don’t forget to share it!