Gboard(Google Keyboard) recent update brings 120 languages in total
Google’s keyboard app for Android is now available with an update that packs 40 additional languages (including Tamil), and built-in sticker packs. Gboard has everything you love about Google Keyboard speed and reliability, Glide Typing, voice typing, and more plus Google Search built in. No more app switching; just search and share, right from your keyboard.
Gboard puts Search right in the keyboard. And, it also adds GIFs, emoji-centric tools (including type and scrawl to search), and glide and voice typing.
Gboard Installation is simple
If you don’t have it installed already, go ahead and grab Gboard from the Google Play Store, then follow the prompts to set it as your default keyboard.
Its good chance that your Android device came with a couple of keyboard options pre-installed. For example, if you have a Samsung device, you’ve probably got Samsung’s keyboard installed.To enable additional keyboards, go to Settings then Language and Input. Under Keyboards and input methods, you’ll see all of the keyboards currently installed on your device.To enable a keyboard, simply check its box and you can now use that keyboard whenever you’re typing in a text box. To set the default keyboard, tap Default and choose your desired input method.
Once you have a keyboard enabled, you can use it whenever you’re typing in a text box. Your default keyboard will always come up first, but you can quickly switch between keyboards by opening your notification bar menu.
- Press and hold Enter to choose from hundreds of emoji in any app (Android 4.4+).
- Learns as you type: No need to manually add words to a personal dictionary. Type a word once and you can gesture type it or find it in suggestions next time. Long press a suggestion to remove it from your “learned words” or the keyboard dictionary.
- Sync your learned words across devices to improve suggestions (enable in Gboard Settings→ Dictionary → Sync learned words).
- Gesture cursor control: Slide your finger across the space bar to move the cursor.
- Gesture delete: Slide left from the delete key to quickly delete multiple words.
- Make the number row available all the time (enable in Settings → Preferences → Number Row)
- Symbols hints: Show quick hints on your keys to access symbols with a long press (enable in Gboard Settings → Preferences → Long press for symbols).
- One handed mode: On large screen phones, pin keyboard to the left or the right of the screen by long pressing on Enter and selecting the thumb icon.
- Fast symbols: Gesture from the “?123” key to temporarily switch to the symbols keyboard and insert a symbol.
- Fast capitalization: Gesture from the SHIFT key to a character to capitalize it.
- Themes: Choose a theme with or without key borders to suit your style.
Like this post? Don’t forget to share it!