Read Time:2 Minute, 1 Second
Google Tez is a payments and commerce app built for India on top of the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) standard.
Key Features :
- Direct, bank-to-bank payments: Tez uses UPI for instant and secure payments, directly to and from bank accounts.Tez works with all of the 55 banks on UPI. First-of-its-kind multiple payment service provider partnership with NPCI and four top banks in India — Axis Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank today and soon with the State Bank of India — means you can use Tez to transact with other UPI apps like BHIM or even check out online using your Tez UPI ID.
- “Cash Mode” for nearby transactions: Pay nearby without sharing your private details like bank account or phone number.This is ideal for paying day-to-day things like for auto or vegetable vendor. You have to bring two phones near each other, hit pay or request, enter your UPI PIN and the payment goes instantly from one bank account to another. Cash Mode is built using Google proprietary AQR (Audio QR) technology, which is similar to QR codes but more convenient and more secure.
- Tez Shield: Backed by Google’s expertise in data security, Tez works 24/7 to help detect fraud, prevent hacking, and to verify and protect the identity of every user. Your Tez account is also safeguarded with security options including your phone security method such as passcode or fingerprint and a Google PIN code.
- Made for India first: Tez works on the vast majority of India’s smartphones (with apps for both Android and iOS) and Android supports English, Hindi, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Tamil, and Telugu with more coming soon.
- Tez for Business: Tez for Business is a program for large and small enterprises to connect with consumers inside the Tez app to make payments, share redeemable offers, products and updates.Participating businesses will be able to interact with their customers in new ways, including securely accepting UPI payments on their mobile websites with just a few taps. From their customized Business Channel, merchants will be able to engage customers directly by sending smart reminders for recurring payments, sharing tailored offers, and more. Some of the notable launch partners of Tez are,PVR Cinemas and redBus, Others like DishTV, Jet Airways and Domino’s would be joining in the coming weeks.