Guest Post : How to Keep your Cryptocurrencies Safe And Under Your Control
Most people have these wrong assumptions that cryptocurrency is naturally quite safe to use when compared to the national currencies. In some of the ways, cryptocurrencies are known to offer better privacy than anything else like debit or the credit cards. But, one thing that you should care to know is that the currencies are only safe in the place where you are planning to save it. For keeping these currencies up running and safe, you can always use the secure wallet and get to maintain some of the strict security protocols. You get the chance to create multiple backups so that you get the chance to recover any of your lost wallets rather quickly.
We have already looked at bitcoin buying guide,here we check out how to keep your bitcoins safe & secure.
Transfer the cryptocurrency to the said wallet as soon as you can:
Whenever you purchase cryptocurrency, you have the opportunity to leave it on the exchange account. But, these cryptocurrency exchanges are noted to be some of the major targeted areas for the hackers out there in the market. Any of the cryptocurrency as left in exchange account is known to be quite vulnerable to the theft condition. To learn more about this notion, you are asked to log online at libertylending.com and get some of the rewarding answers to cover your points well.
- Even though, the exchange accounts might prove to be the most convenient of the lot, they are often considered to be the least secured of them all. With the help of cryptocurrency, the basic rule remains to be more convenient to access the said cryptocurrency. That you make the currencies less secure than what it should be.
- Most of the time, the currency needs to be made okay if you ever try to leave it in exchange accounts for a couple of days. But, if you plan to keep it any longer than that lot, then you better find a rather secure location for the same. There is no need to take chances with it, for sure.
For a long term hold the hardware or paper wallets are great:
Hardware wallets are mainly noted to be the devices, which are properly designed for the main purpose of just storing cryptocurrency. As they are not meant to be online, they are not quite vulnerable to the notion of hackers for sure. In the same manner, the paper wallets are not at all vulnerable to hackers for sure.
- A hardware wallet is not going to cost you anything more than $100. This expense is not that of a good deal if you have smaller amount of cryptocurrency to deal with. But, if you have currencies whose actual worth will be thousands of dollars, then a hardware wallet is the best option that you can possibly care to deal with for sure.
- Paper wallet is here to help you generate QR codes, which you then can print in a rather easy manner. Even before you end up creating a paper wallet, always be sure that your computer and the network you are using are completely free from spyware or even malware.
- For this kind of service, it is ideally important to use a brand new computer, which has never been used for any of the other purposes or connected to internet before.
- Even though paper and hardware wallets are considered to be the least convenient methods for holding your currency, they are often considered to be the most secured option you can lay your hands on.
- These wallets are proven to be ideal help if you do not have any intention to spend the cryptocurrency, but working it out to be a big investment.
Make sure to evaluate security of online wallets first:
A stronger online wallet is known to have an active form of development team, security features and even robust backup. It is going to be made compatible with various operating systems. The wallet must also help you to maintain the perfect control of the major private keys.
- Anyone with the accessibility to your private keys can do anything possible and even move the cryptocurrency. So, it is better to avoid the entire notion of online wallet that might require you to give total control of private key.
- Always remember that the wallets are not banks and quite not subjected to same regulations. In case, the wallet companies loss cryptocurrency, you will not have any recourse.
- Moreover, you might want to take chances and do your research a tad bit more to look into background of people here to handle security for Wallet Company.
- You have to search for the names of the people online to just learn more about their said reputation in the current industry you are discussing with.
Keeping smaller accounts in less secured wallets is a clever idea to make:
Any wallet that you care to access online, like the mobile wallet or the web wallets are quite vulnerable to hacking medium when compared to the other safe options like the paper wallets and hardware ones. In an essential manner, you can easily trade convenience for the said of security. Avoid putting in more cryptocurrencies in such wallets, which you cannot afford to lose. Always keep smaller accounts secured in those less secure wallets that you care to join hands with.
- If you have any plans made to use these currencies for regular based transactions and even for the current investment purposes, it is always better to keep bulk of the currency in paper wallet or the hardware versions. A smaller percentage will be in web or the mobile wallet.
- Think this to be way of keeping the money right in bank and smaller cash amount on person. Just as you will not walk around with your entire life’s savings in your pocket, don’t just put all the currencies in online wallet.
Focusing on these points might gladly help you out with the safety notion of the cryptocurrency that you are about to deal with. The more you will research, the better you will keep learning about it.
Like this post? Don’t forget to share it!