Swift 5 iOS Application Developer Specialization by LearnQuest
We have already looked at TOP 100 Coursera Specializations and today we will check out Swift 5 iOS Application Developer Specialization by LearnQuest.
Coursera Specialization is a series of courses that helps you master a skill. To begin, you can enroll in the Specialization directly, or review its courses and choose the one you’d like to start with. When you subscribe to a course that is part of a Specialization, you’re automatically subscribed to the full Specialization. You can either complete just one course or you can pause your learning or end your subscription at any time.
Swift 5 iOS Application Developer Specialization is intended for anyone who wants to learn how to develop Apps using Swift and iOS. Through four courses, you will learn topics beginning with the absolute basics and ending with selling your apps on the app store. This program provides the skills you’ll need to advance your programming career and seek employment in Swift and iOS application development.
Throughout this hands-on program, you’ll have the opportunity to practice key job skills. You’ll learn about the Swift language and how to code iOS applications. You’ll create user interfaces and interact with user and system data using tables and data persistence. You’ll develop fully functional applications and learn how to monetize them with in-app add, purchases, and subscriptions.
By the end of this Professional Certificate program, you will have completed several projects showcasing your proficiency in Swift 5 and iOS programming, and you will have developed the skills necessary to begin a career as a Swift and/or iOS application developer. You will also be able to share evidence of your success with your professional network and potential employers.
What will you learn
- How to setup your environment and develop code in Swift 5
- How to work with data in iOS, including tables and networking
- How to perform various calculations and build iOS applications
- How to monetize your apps with in-app adds purchases, and subscriptions
There are 4 Courses in this Specialization
In this course we will introduce you to the absolute basics of the Swift programming language. Whether you are a brand new programmer or have experience with other programming languages this course is for you.Some of the things you will learn in this course are:
- An Introduction to Swift 5 programming concepts
- Installing the necessary tools
- Working with data such as Integers and Strings
- Creating reusable code with functions
- Working with data constructs such as arrays and dictionaries
- Object-oriented programming
- Model View Controller
By the end of this course you will know how to build simple programs with the Swift programming language and you will be ready to learn iOS mobile development.
- Write the code to build your very first iOS application
- Manage screen display with multiple views
- Use auto layout and the interface builder
- Create applications with user interaction
- Design a user interface allowing for multiple screen size and direction
- Write and execute unit tests to keep your code error-free
- Perform various calculations using Swift
By the end of this course you will know how to build simple iOS applications and you’ll be ready to move on and learn about using tables and data in iOS.
In this course you will learn how to work with data in iOS. Data is the key ingredient for any functional app and one must learn how to properly display it to the user. You will learn how to use tables and collection views to display data to users, and how to use Core Data to build more robust, data-driven applications.
Every app must have data. Making web requests is by far the most common thing you will do as an iOS developer. You will learn how to get your apps working with servers and external data. Throughout the course, you will create a ToDo app, including learning how to decode data from a web server as well as how to make POST requests.
This course teaches basics of monetization on iOS, starting with in-app ads and then moving to in-app purchases. You will learn more advanced in-app purchase integrations, and you’ll make both consumable and non-consumable purchases while building a realistic iOS app. Finally, you will learn how to take your apps even further with in-app subscriptions, and how to start and cancel subscriptions and create a delightful user experience.
Useful Resources :
- ULTIMATE GUIDE to Coursera Specializations That Will Make Your Career Better (Over 100+ Specializations covered)
- Get Job Ready with Professional Certificates from Coursera
Like this post? Don’t forget to share it!