As you’re aware, according to recent order,motorists should carry original drivers license.Better option would be to have original license stored in DigiLocker app but not sure if authorities would accept ?
Below are the steps for signing up for DigiLocker
- Your mobile number will be authenticated by sending an OTP (one-time password) followed by selecting a username & password. This will create your DigiLocker account.
- After your DigiLocker account is successfully created, you can then scan & store original documents as many.
Note : DigiLocker app is available only for Android
But in case if you lost driving license,here is what RTO website explains on procedure for getting duplicate license.
What are the documents to be submitted?
- Application and Intimation of loss or destruction of driving licence in Form LLD
- Details of Driving Licence
- Police Certificate (in case of theft)
- Passport size photos-2 copies
What is the amount of Fees payable?
Rs.15/- + Service charges Rs.50/-
To whom should one apply?
- Regional Transport Officer/ Motor Vehicle Inspector Grade I
- Applicant should appear in person at the Regional Transport Office / Unit Office.
Time limit for getting Duplicate Driving License?
Actual Fees/time limit might vary,please re-check during application.